Following are the websites/blogs that I would recommend to follow to keep yourself updated with recent developments in “search” world. You can sign up for email updates. List is in order of importance.
1. Google Webmaster Blog- This is official blog of Google Webmaster Tool (GWT). Google announces major changes they are bringing in GWT, the search engine in general, latest algorithm updates etc. on this blog. http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/
2. YouTube Channel of Google Webmaster- You can find videos of Matt Cutts on this official channel of GWT. He answers queries in these videos which are really insightful, but never follow the suggestions blindly ;). After all, Google is also a commercial organization. You can subscribe to the channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleWebmasterHelp/videos
3. Search Engine Land- This blog led by Danny Sullivan is like newspaper of search world. One should visit this blog daily if one has to keep up with latest developments no matter it’s related to SEO, PPC, search engines, little tips and tricks etc. etc. subscribe to email list. http://searchengineland.com/
4. Moz Blog- They are wizards of SEO. They provide really cool SEO, web analytics and social media tools like Open Site Explorer, Followerwonk etc. They have two separate blog sections- one Moz Blog and another YouMoz. On Moz blog, mostly you can find posts from Moz employees and on YouMoz from other blog members. Nice way to learn new techniques. http://moz.com/blog. Don't forget to catch up with whiteboard Friday every week. You can find more learning stuff here: http://moz.com/learn/seo.
5. Quick Sprout- This is personal blog (as he promotes, but I don’t think so he manages it alone) of entrepreneur Neil Patel, he is CEO of company which provides amazing analytics tools like kiss metrics and crazy eggs, you can check their separate blogs also. On quick sprout most of the times he shares very genuine and out of the box tips for SEO with links to useful resources. http://www.quicksprout.com/blog/
6. SEO.com- It’s basically an agency. You can find some useful blog posts on their blog: http://www.seo.com/blog/.
7. Blog of Matt Cutts- Last but not the least, this is blog of Matt Cutts, head of Google’s webspam team. I think this is enough for introduction of his blog. J http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/
1. Inside Adwords- This is official blog of Google Adwords. Just like GWT blog you find recent updates Google is bringing in Adwords. http://adwords.blogspot.com/
2. PPC Hero Blog- PPC Hero is agency, as per me they are becoming for PPC what Moz is to SEO. They provide good insights on managing PPC accounts. http://www.ppchero.com/top-stories/
1. Google Analytics Blog- Stay abreast with latest developments by Google Analytics. http://analytics.blogspot.com/
2. Omniture/Site Catalyst Blog- Official blog of web analytics tool by adobe. http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/
3. Avinash Kaushik’s Blog- I am fan of this guy, he breathes analytics. Just check out about page on his blog if you want to know about him. http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/. Caution: He blog once a week but his posts are really long. You need to spent some time to absorb all the information.
4. Justin Cutroni’s Blog- He is current analytics advocate at Google. So, if you are a Google fan and using Google analytics then follow this blog. You will find really cool stuff to do things with Google Analytics. http://cutroni.com/blog/
I don’t say this is it but this is a good list to start with. There are many more awesome people out there. Let me know the ones you follow.
Share and Discuss